Can I reuse glass baby food jars to store frozen baby food in them?

baby food
 on Baby Foods
baby food image



Princess B


I would like to know if its safe to reuse glass baby food jars in the Freezer. I want to use them to freeze some food. I have so many of the jars, because of being on WIC. WIC doesn't give enough baby food so I am choosing to also make some baby food for my child.


Answer
depends.. some glass cannot be frozen (it explodes) and i would imagine that the glass they use for baby food, because its designed to be used once and then recycled, probably isnt freezer safe glass.. you could always call the manufacture are ask.. but i would just play it safe and freeze the baby food in freezer safe BPA free plastic containers.. or ice cube trays.



No comments:

Post a Comment