How long should I breast feed for the baby to get good health benefits?

baby health
 on Copyright � Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.
baby health image



Sugar Love


I am due with my first baby girl in 3 weeks. I absolutely plan to breast feed. But I have medical problems, intestinal medical problems. And throughout my pregnancy I have of course avoided all medication, it's been rough. I've avoided all medical tests I should be getting too. I want to breast feed so of course I'll still have to avoid medications and such. How long is a good length of time to breast feed to still give the baby health benefits?


Answer
For the baby at least a year is ideal, but any breast milk is beneficial. I would try to breastfeed until Spring when there are less health threats like the flu and RSV.



No comments:

Post a Comment